What do you want from your surgery?
The NHS white paper on GP commissioning and the NHS cuts affect us all and raise a number of questions.
If you want to be kept up to date and have the opportunity to express your views please consider joining Baslow’s Patient Participation Group (PPG).
Formed in 2009, every patient of the surgery can register to be a member of the PPG; all you have to do is contact the Membership Secretary, Keith Maslen.
The PPG is run by a committee of 12 individuals elected annually by the full membership. A list of current committee members is available on the surgery notice board.
Our objectives are to:
- Enhance communications between the Practice and its patients
- Foster the highest possible standard of primary medical care
- Help raise funds to support practice improvement
In reality this translates into a number of activities in which members can engage. Current projects include:
- Working with the surgery & patients to determine the accommodation and services of the new Baslow Health Centre.
- Helping the practice to retain the dispensary which is under threat from large chemists
- Looking at ways to improve communication between patients and staff and to improve the environment of the surgery
- Fund raising to provide information screens and children’s play equipment for the new Health Centre
- Supporting Artability, a Calver based charity which helps provide support dementia sufferers & their carers.
The NHS changes mean it is moving towards services needing to take into account what ‘customers’ want. Under the proposed North Derbyshire GP Commissioning Consortium, representatives of local patient groups will to be involved right up to board level. This will enable patients to directly influence where the cuts fall and have a say in what health services we want at a much more strategic level.
To get involved and help shape the NHS of the future, start by registering as a member of the PPG and by telling the PPG committee members of issues that affect you. Then you could volunteer to help…….it’s up to you!
Read our Constitution
Read Our Newsletters
Winter 2017 18 Newsletter
Download Winter 2016 Newsletter